This article includes the steps necessary to update to a more recent version of SureSync MFT.
Software Pursuits regularly updates SureSync MFT to include new enhancements, features and fixes. Staying as current as possible with your deployed MFT release is strongly recommended for the best possible experience with the software. The instructions in this article will describe the process of updating from one minor revision of MFT to another. For example from 1.0.17 to 1.018.
Steps to Update
- Download the latest build of SureSync MFT (SureSyncMFTSetup.exe) by clicking here.
- On the main MFT machine where the MFT Desktop is installed, disable any running Jobs.
- Close the MFT Desktop and any other open user interface panels such as File Status, Detailed Status or Enterprise Status.
- There is no need to stop any MFT related services, the installer will do that for you.
- Launch the SureSync MFT installer (SureSyncMFTSetup.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions. The first step will remove the old version. Your database and all of your settings will be maintained.
- Once the old version has been removed, the setup will install the new version. The installer will automatically select the installation type and path that was previously used on the machine. Continue clicking "Next" through the installer until the installation process begins.
- On any Communications Agent machines, run the installer and follow the prompts. The old version of the Communications Agent will be removed and the new version installed.
- Launch the SureSync MFT Desktop on the main machine and enable your Jobs.
- A reboot is not necessary to perform an update as long as the instructions above are carefully followed. A reboot is only needed when a component is in use and non should be if all the processes are stopped as described.
- Be sure to read the version history before upgrading by clicking here. Often, the Communications Agents will be compatible from one version to another in the MFT v1 release level. This allows you to upgrade the Communications Agent machines in a staged manner. However, if compatibility is broken it will be mentioned in the version history and all Communications Agent would need to be updated at the same time.
- If your environment uses LockStatus, an upgrade to the LockStatus clients may be necessary. Software Pursuits makes every effort to keep old LockStatus versions compatible to avoid having to upgrade the software on end user machines. If LockStatus needs to be updated, it will be mentioned in the release notes.