This article outlines basic SureSync MFT System Requirements
SureSync MFT’s basic operating system and hardware requirements are:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2022; Windows Server 2019; Windows Server 2016; Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows 2012; Windows 2008 R2 SP1; Windows 11 Windows 10 version 1607 or later; Windows 8.1; Windows 7 with SP1
- Processor: Minimum: Dual-core CPU of at least 2.5Ghz (minimum); Quad-core CPU or greater of at least 2.5Ghz (recommended)
- RAM (total for system): 4GB of free memory (recommended minimum)
- Hard Disk: 100MB for application files; 20MB+ for database
SureSync MFT can synchronize data to older Windows platforms and non-Windows machines such as Mac or Linux via UNC path on a scheduled basis. The software itself must be installed on one of the supported operating systems above.
For File Locking, ReFS volumes are not supported on Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 or Windows 7.
SureSync MFT can be run on Windows operating systems hosted in virtualization software such as VMWare or Hyper-V. Each virtual machine involved in processing requires appropriate licensing.
SureSync Database Requirements
SureSync MFT requires a database to store configuration information. The following formats are supported:
- SQL Express 2012 / SQL Express 2014 / SQL Express 2016 / SQL Express 2017 / SQL Express 2019 / SQL Express 2022
- SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2014 / SQL Server 2016 / SQL Server 2017 / SQL Server 2019 / SQL Server 2022
Required Microsoft Components
SureSync requires a number of Microsoft components to be installed. The SureSync installer will detect the versions your system is running and offer to upgrade them as needed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 14.0 Update 3
Using the installer to install these prerequisites could result in a reboot being necessary before the setup can continue. If a reboot is necessary, the installer will prompt you. In environments where a reboot is disruptive, we recommend installing the required components manually during your normal maintenance schedules before installing SureSync MFT.