- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2022; Windows Server 2019; Windows Server 2016; Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1; Windows Server 2008 with SP2; Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista with SP2
- Processor: Minimum: 1Ghz (x86 processor) or 1.4Ghz (x64 processor). Recommended: 2Ghz or faster processor (x86 or x64 processor)
- RAM (total for system): 1GB (Minimum); 2GB (Recommended)
- Hard Disk: 30MB for application files; 20MB+ for database
- Display: 1024×768 high color, 32-bit (Minimum)
SureSync is a 32-bit application but will run without issue on 64-bit versions of Windows. 64-bit editions of Windows include full featured emulation for running 32-bit code which allows SureSync to run on these operating systems without issue.
SureSync can synchronize data to operating systems such as Windows 2000, and non-Windows machines such as Macintosh and Linux machines via UNC path but the software itself must be installed on one of the supported operating systems listed above.
Windows 2003/XP Support – Communications Agent only
Windows 2003 and Windows XP are no longer supported by Microsoft. User interface components such as the SureSync Desktop, status panels, SyncLockStatus and Endpoint require the .NET Framework 4.5.2. This version of the .NET Framework is not available for these operating systems. Machines running any of these components must be upgraded to a supported operating system.
A version of the Communications Agent running the .NET Framework 4.0 will be installed automatically on Windows 2003 with SP2, Windows 2003 R2, and Windows XP with SP2 machines. This allows you to synchronize files to paths on these operating systems using Communications Agent functionality. You can also synchronize to them via UNC path.
SureSync Database Requirements
SureSync requires a database to store configuration information. The following formats are supported:
- Microsoft Access (default)
- SQL Express 2005 / SQL Express 2008 / SQL Express 2012 / SQL Express 2014 / SQL Express 2016 / SQL Express 2017 / SQL Express 2019 / SQL Express 2022
- SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 / SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2014 / SQL Server 2016 / SQL Server 2017 / SQL Server 2019 / SQL Server 2022
SQL is strongly recommended for server deployments, particularly if you’re planning on running a number of multi-directional rules such as multi-mirror. SQL Server 2008 Express R2 or newer installed locally on the SureSync server is incredibly powerful for a free solution.
Required Microsoft Components
SureSync requires a number of Microsoft components to be installed. The SureSync installer will detect the versions your system is running and offer to upgrade them as needed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Framework (Windows 2003 and Windows XP)
- Microsoft MDAC 2.8 Refresh with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 12.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft XML Parser 6.0
- Microsoft Jet 4.0 with Service Pack 8
Please note that using the SureSync installer to install these prerequisites could result in a reboot being necessary before the setup can continue. If a reboot is necessary, the installer will prompt you. In environments where a reboot is disruptive, we recommend installing the required components manually during your normal maintenance schedules and then proceeding to install SureSync.
Consider installing the required components with Windows Update or a third-party patch management tool if you use one. This ensures that all machines have the necessary components before you start installing SureSync.