- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2012 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later; Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8 Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP with SP2 or later
- Processor: Minimum: 1Ghz (x86 processor) or 1.4Ghz (x64 processor). Recommended: 2Ghz or faster processor (x86 or x64 processor)
- RAM (total for system): 1GB (Minimum); 2GB (Recommended)
- Hard Disk: 30MB for application files; 20MB+ for database
- Display: 1024×768 high color, 32-bit (Minimum)
* Please Note: SureSync is a 32-bit application but will run without issue on 64-bit versions of Windows. 64-bit editions of Windows include full featured emulation for running 32-bit code which allows SureSync to run on these operating systems without issue.
SureSync can synchronize data to operating systems such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and non-Windows machines such as Macintosh and Linux machines via UNC path but the software itself must be installed on one of the supported operating systems listed above.
SureSync can be run on Windows operating systems hosted in virtualization software such as VMWare or Hyper-V without issue. Each virtual machine involved in the synchronization / replication requires appropriate licensing.
SureSync Database Requirements
SureSync requires a database to store configuration information. The following formats are supported:
- Microsoft Access (default)
- MSDE 2000 / SQL Express 2005 / SQL Express 2008 / SQL Express 2012 / SQL Express 2014
- SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 / SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2014
Important: SQL is strongly recommended for server deployments, particularly if you’re planning on running a number of multi-directional rules such as multi-mirror. SQL Server 2008 Express R2 or newer installed locally on the SureSync server is incredibly powerful for a free solution.
Required Microsoft Components
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Windows 2008/Vista and newer)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (Windows 2003/XP)
- Microsoft MDAC 2.8 Refresh with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 12.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft XML Parser 6.0
- Microsoft Jet 4.0 with Service Pack 8
Please note that using the SureSync installer to install these prerequisites could result in a reboot being necessary before the setup can continue. If a reboot is necessary, the installer will prompt you. In environments where a reboot is disruptive, we recommend installing the required components manually during your normal maintenance schedules and then proceeding to install SureSync.
Consider installing the required components with Windows Update or a third-party patch management tool if you use one. This ensures that all machines have the necessary components before you start installing SureSync.
SureSync SQL Protection Required Components
SureSync SQL Protection requires a manual installation of Microsoft components which can be found in the Evaluator’s Guide for SQL Protection.