- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012*; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2003; Windows 8*; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Processor: 400Mhz Pentium Processor or equivalent (Minimum); 1 Ghz Pentium Processor or equivalent (Recommended)
- RAM (total for system): 256MB (Minimum); 1GB (Recommended)
- Hard Disk: 30MB for application files; 20MB+ for database
- Display: 800×600, 256 colors (Minimum); 1024×768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)
* Please Note: The File Locking Add-on in the SureSync Collaboration Bundle is not supported on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
SureSync is a 32-bit application but will run without issue on 64-bit versions of Windows. 64-bit editions of Windows include full featured emulation for running 32-bit code which allows SureSync to run on these operating systems without issue. The SPIAgent File Locking Add-on is 64-bit compatible.
SureSync can synchronize data to operating systems such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and non-Windows machines such as Macintosh and Linux machines via UNC path but the software itself must be installed on one of the supported operating systems listed above.
SureSync requires a database which is used to store configuration information. The following formats are supported:
- Microsoft Access (default)
- MSDE 2000 / SQL Express 2005 / SQL Express 2005 R2/ SQL Express 2008 / SQL Express 2008 R2 / SQL Express 2012
- SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2005 R2 / SQL Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 R2 / SQL Server 2012
A SQL database is strongly recommended for setups using multi-directional rule types, environments with more than 50 Relations defined, or environments where hundreds of thousands of files will be processed to achieve optimal performance.
SureSync requires a number of Microsoft components to be installed on the system. The SureSync installer will inspect your system for these components and offer to upgrade or install them as needed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft MDAC 2.8 Refresh with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 9.0 with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft XML Parser 6.0
- Microsoft Jet 4.0 with Service Pack 8